EDI Benefits & Capabilties
EDI has been around for decades, and it continually demonstrates unparalleled value for a variety of businesses across a range of industries. Many company owners choose EDI due to the financial advantages it offers – but it delivers much, much more. Here, we’ll explore the well-known and lesser-known benefits of EDI and show you how our software solutions can bring your business to the next level.
Need a crash course on EDI? Visit our online EDI knowledge center to gain a deeper understanding of electronic data interchange and how it can improve your business.
Top 4 EDI Benefits
- Manual tasks can result in errors such as keying errors, illegible handwriting and lost mail or faxes. EDI significantly reduces errors by up to 40%.
- Traditionally, it could take days – or even weeks – to complete a transaction. One of the advantages of EDI is that business cycles can accelerate by over 60%.
- Because transaction cycles are exponentially reduced, you can enjoy an improved cash flow. Additionally, you can ensure that all critical data is sent out on time.
- Avoid over- and under-stocking with EDI automation. This will help you keep costs down while keeping consumers happy.
- With EDI automation, your staff can focus their attention on higher-value tasks, increasing overall productivity.
- Since your staff won’t spend as much time fielding data errors and disputes, there will be more time for other tasks, like marketing your business.
- One of the more obvious advantages of EDI is the conservation of waste. When you go digital, expenses for paper, printing, copying, storage, filing and postage are naturally reduced. In fact, you can lower your transaction costs by at least 35%.
- Illegible faxes or lost orders can translate to higher costs. With EDI, there’s less of a need for dispute management. In turn, this will free up valuable production time.
- Manual processing costs exponentially more than processing an order using EDI.
- EDI capabilities are showcased at the strategic business level. For example, EDI gives you complete, real-time visibility into all transaction statuses. This helps your business keep up with consumer demands so you never miss a beat.
- Thinking about expanding your business? EDI streamlines your ability to sell in new markets and territories around the globe.
- Promote eco-consciousness and social responsibility in your business by replacing paper-based tasks with EDI.
What Are the EDI Capabilities for Your Industry?
1 EDI Source provides solutions for virtually any industry. Take a look at what we have to offer.
Procure materials, manage inventories, forecast and automate tasks.
Reduce errors in everyday tasks such as order processing, invoicing and communications. Receive alerts so you can stay up-to-date in real-time.
Achieve cost reduction, quicker turnaround and complete visibility with EDI retail solutions. This kind of continuity fosters better customer relationships.
Communicate with load tenders in real-time and complete onboarding in as little as 24 hours.
Increase productivity and reduce costs while staying HIPAA-compliant. Our HQ solution is reliable, intuitive and totally secure.
Ready to Transform Your Business?
If you’ve invested in our EDI solutions – or if you’re still considering it – read up on our online resources. Our EDI Buyer’s Guide can help you find the best software solution for your industry, and our EDI 101 Guide can set you on the path to education and implementation. 1 EDI Source has been a leader in our industry for over three decades. Let us share our knowledge with you so you can elevate your business.