What is AS2 (Applicability Standard 2)?
If you’re a business owner that communicates with vendors and clients, you may find yourself wondering, “What is AS2 EDI software?” AS2 is a popular method of transmitting data – especially EDI data – securely via the internet using HTTP-based protocol. Its capabilities are unmatched for security standards, and it provides quick and easy use at an inexpensive cost for business owners. As the landscape of business continues to evolve from paper-based to electronic communication, the AS2 protocol has become a notable way to ensure proper security in the transmission of data.
What is AS2 for EDI Data?
Applicability Standard 2 is one of the most commonly used full-compliance methods for transporting sensitive data, especially secure EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) data. AS2 provides a secure connection between a client and a server, connecting point-to-point via the internet. Using this secure connection, the AS2 protocol ensures the communication of EDI data securely, reliably and efficiently.
When communicating via EDI, AS2 software allows you to create and manage certificates easily and handle data encryption and decryption for the utmost security in communications with your most important partners and clients. AS2 Software from 1 EDI Source is an intuitive software that gives businesses of all kinds the immediate capabilities to meet AS2 protocol requirements and begin saving both time and money in everyday business.
Who Can Use AS2
Many household-name, enterprise-level retailers have adopted the AS2 protocol as a standard business practice due to its immensely beneficial capabilities. This necessitates their vendors and trading partners to upgrade to the AS2 protocol as well for optimal data transmission and security between the two parties. Additionally, AS2 compliance regulations require an EDI AS2 solution to ensure that all data flows correctly, securely and quickly, presenting data in an easily understandable format to users.
Over the last 20 years, AS2 has become the most widely used protocol for communicating EDI data, especially in the consumer goods and retail industries. If you’re a proud supplier of goods through retail, AS2 will benefit your business by saving thousands on incurring costs and allowing for the highest security compliance.
Security Features of EDI AS2 Communication Software
The premier security features of EDI AS2 Complete Software are tailored to benefit any business in everyday operations. The AS2 protocol supports the use of digital signatures when in communication with clients and business partners. Using a digital signature enforces authentication of both parties to ensure trading partners are communicating with the appropriate parties and verify integrity in communications. When using a digital signature, scammers cannot alter data during or after secure communications.
AS2 also supports the encryption of data. Because your data is communicated via the internet, it is more vulnerable to scammers who can intercept data to steal sensitive information and begin an onslaught of network-based attacks. Encrypting messages virtually eliminates this threat and leaves EDI data secure throughout the entire communication
SSL encryption of EDI data using AS2 software adds another layer of protection to businesses who need to communicate sensitive data. SSL encryption adds extra security to the AS2 communication by providing features such as client and server authentication on HTTPS webpages.
AS2 provides electronic receipts to both parties, allowing each to authenticate the secure EDI data transmission further. When communicating your data, the data must first pass through multiple sources to reach its end goal. It’s possible that when data passes through one of these sources, it can be intercepted by an attacker. Using electronic receipts is a secure way of ensuring your EDI data has reached its correct destination in full.
Why You Should be Utilizing AS2 for EDI Data:
- The usage of AS2 allows for seamless transmission of EDI data to be readily available in real-time.
- Many organizations require their partners to use the AS2 protocol due to rising security standards for all communications. Healthcare, for example, is a key sector that uses EDI AS2 data communication as AS2 meets HIPAA-compliance requirements.
- Implement complex Advance Ship Notices (EDI 856) and other processes
- Industry leaders such as Walmart, Target and Bed Bath and Beyond have helped drive the adoption of AS2 in the retail sector.
- AS2 for EDI provides flexible data transmission and authentication at a relatively low cost.
- AS2 Software is easily installed on any computer with no programming knowledge needed. AS2 Complete advanced software from 1 EDI Source comes with the bonus of a dedicated in-house support team ready to help you at a moment’s notice.
- Keeping track of data with your trading partners has never been easier. With AS2, you can add, set up and manage any number of trading partners efficiently. You can also easily search through past messages and data with search functionality to recall any critical information on the spot.
Perhaps the most compelling reason to upgrade to AS2 is that incompatibility between protocols can mean significant chargebacks to businesses that do not comply with the AS2 protocol requirements of their partners. You can eliminate thousands of dollars in VAN and document fees a month with AS2 and begin communicating directly with your partners.
What Is AS2 Software from 1 EDI Source? Your Solution for Data Encryption.
With AS2 Complete, 1 EDI Source offers an advanced software solution that is safe, compliant and cost-effective. To learn more, contact 1 EDI Source at (877) 334-1334 today!Download the AS2 Complete Brochure