In an effort to increase efficiency between The Home Depot and their supplier community, they are implementing an initiative to convert all suppliers from paper to electronic transactions. This allows both small and large companies to reduce administrative transaction costs and increase data accuracy making it easier to do business.
Effective February 2010, paper chargeback notifications are no longer available, therefore, all suppliers not on the EDI 812 may obtain copies of their deductions via The Home Depot Supplier Dispute Portal. The portal does not contain data for EDI suppliers.
Supplers who do not trade the chargeback and RTV electronically, follow the instructions below to register your company on the Supplier Dispute Portal
- Click on the URL.
- DirectCommerce.com Bookmark this URL so you can come back to it in the future.
- Click the link under the words Not registered?
- Enter your payables vendor number, located on a remittance advice, on the registration screen.
- For security verification use a paid remittance advice that is dated within the past twelve months. Select an invoice line item on the remittance advice. Enter the invoice number, EXACTLY as it appears on the remittance advice, including any leading zeros or alpha characters. Any deviation from this guidance will result in an error message.
- Enter the invoice date (MMDDYYYY) and the PO number on the registration page.
- Enter your email and user information as directed in the registration screens.
If you have any questions concerning this registration process, email:
EDI suppliers currently trading the EDI 812 chargeback/RTV document. For any EDI suppliers currently trading the 812 chargeback and RTV document, The Home Depot will start assessing a fee of $25.00 per document to fulfill copy requests. Additionally, suppliers who started the EDI certification process but failed to complete will also be assessed the fee to fulfill copy requests.
The Home Depot EDI compliance team requires all EDI suppliers to trade all of the following core documents:
- 850 Purchase Order
- 810 Invoice
- 812 Chargeback and RTV
- 820 Remittance Advice
- 856 Advanced Ship Notice
- 864 Text Error Message
- 997 Functional Acknowledgment
It is imperative that your company complies with our electronic policy in order to receive the benefits of faster electronic exchange of data transmissions.
Get on board with Home Depot’s EDI requirements or any other trading partner requirements you may have with 1 EDI Source, contact us today!