Amazon Purchase Order EDI Update – Vendor Action Needed
Amazon has announced a new Purchase Order EDI update to their “Purchasing Entity” Name going into effect March 1, 2019.
Teams within your business that may be impacted by this Amazon purchase order EDI update include: Shipping, Order Management, Logistics, Distribution, Tax, Legal, Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable, and EDI or Tech/IT.
Beginning March 1, 2019, the Amazon ‘Purchasing Entity’ Name will be updated on all new and existing purchase orders and packing slips located under ‘Orders’ in Vendor Central. For example, a purchase order created in 2018 under Amazon.com.kydc LLC will be updated to Amazon.com Services, Inc. effective March 1, 2019.
- On the purchase order, the ‘Purchasing Entity’ Name will be updated to ‘Amazon.com Services, Inc.’ instead of one of the seven legacy ‘Purchasing Entity’ Names listed below.
- On the packing slip, the ‘Shipping Address’ Name and ‘Billing Address’ Name will be updated to ‘Amazon.com Services, Inc.’ instead of one of the legacy ‘Purchasing Entity’ Names listed below.
Legacy Purchasing Entity Name
- Amazon.com.kydc LLC
- Amazon.com.azdc LLC
- Amazon.com.dedc LLC
- Amazon.com.ksdc LLC
- Amazon.com.indc LLC
- Amazon.com.nvdc LLC
- Golden State FC LLC
New Purchasing Entity Name
- Amazon.com Services, Inc.
What Action is Needed From You?
- If you do not receive purchase orders from any of the seven legacy entities above, please disregard this message. No action is required.
- If you currently do receive purchase orders from any of the seven legacy entities listed above, please read on and take action (if required).
- If you rely on the ‘Purchasing Entity’ Name, please make sure your systems and processes can accept this new value or update your company’s ordering and invoice systems by March 1, 2019. Failure to do so may impact your systems and/or processes. If you do not rely on these fields, no action is required from you.
Check out the FAQs below for your reference:
1. Why is Amazon doing this?
Like most large companies, Amazon regularly evaluates its organizational structure and makes changes for a variety of reasons. The seven entities (Amazon.com.kydc LLC, Amazon.com.azdc LLC, Amazon.com.dedc LLC, Amazon.com.ksdc LLC, Amazon.com.indc LLC, Amazon.com.nvdc LLC and Golden State FC LLC) merged into Amazon.com Services, Inc. effective January 1, 2019.
As a result of the merger, Amazon plans to update its ordering systems to reflect the new entity name ‘Amazon.com Services, Inc.’ effective March 1, 2019.
2. Will the ‘Billing Address’ or ‘Shipping Address’ on the packing slip change?
No. The address will not be changed. Only the ‘Billing Address’ Name and ‘Shipping Address’ Name will change.
3. Will the US Tax Identification Number (TIN) change?
Yes. Please use the US TIN for Amazon.com Services, Inc., which is 82-0544687 effective March 1, 2019.
4. How do I request a new W9?
To request an updated W9, please contact [email protected].
5. Will this merger terminate existing contracts?
No. Existing contracts entered prior to January 1, 2019 will continue as-is. No changes are required. New contracts/amendments will be signed by Amazon.com Services, Inc. effective January 1, 2019.
6. Will this merger change the current Payables/Receivables process?
No. There are no changes to the current process.
7. Who can I speak to if I need to raise issues or have questions related to this change?
Please create a case through Vendor Central. The path for raising a case is Vendor Central – Contact Us – Purchase Order Management – Other – Purchase Order Management.
If you need an EDI solution to ensure full compliance with Amazon and all your trading partners, 1 EDI Source can help find an EDI solution perfect for your unique business!