17 Ways to Optimize Your B2B EDI Exchange
We take your EDI operations seriously and are constantly upgrading and finding ways to make you more efficient and profitable.
You build a house but then you have to maintain it, the same goes for your software investment.
Here is a list of ways you can enhance your B2B exchange utilizing EDI/HQ:
- FoxPro gone? If you’re still using .MAP maps, it’s time to update to .HQM to improve efficiency and reduce potential coding errors.
- Bad data? Using EDI/HQ’s map designer to incorporate business logic will help eliminate errors or time spent on bad data.
- Want to go direct? Write data directly to a database with EDI/HQ.
- ERP frustration? EDI/HQ can integrate with many different ERPs, so you can change your ERP at any time without having to change your EDI solution.
- Data conversion confusion? ERPs can struggle with data conversions, so if you simply don’t want to handle them on the back end, EDI/HQ can do it for you.
- Missing orders? If you’re expecting X amount of orders by 10 a.m., do you have a process in place if they don’t show up? EDI/HQ alerts you of missing files before it’s too late.
- Visibility woes? You can notify sales and customer service representatives of upcoming orders, assign user roles without putting at risk a map or trading partner set up, and create reports for non-integrated data for colleagues outside of IT with EDI/HQ.
- Report for non-EDI docs? There are some documents that ERP packages don’t know how to consume, but through EDI/HQ you can create a report that can be sent to the appropriate people.
- Duplicate orders? EDI/HQ prevents duplicate orders from being imported; meaning you can eliminate double orders, double shipments and double payments.
- Process failures? EDI/HQ can alert you if files are stuck or if a connection is not being made.
- Backup plan? Don‘t risk corrupting your production system, have a database maintenance back-up plan in place.
- Storage shortage? EDI/HQ can utilize full SQL as its database allowing for unlimited storage.
- No cash for a development environment? EDI/HQ’s data sources can be used to do your EDI development without having to stand up a whole new environment.
- Checking for FAs? If you’re not checking functional acknowledgements (FAs) then you could be missing out on documents your trading partner never received. Utilize EDI/HQ’s reports to help streamline the process.
- Bad communication? Check your communication protocols (like AS2) frequently and have a process in place if your communication goes down.
- Archiving data a pain? Whether you have 90 days or six months of data, you can simply automate the archiving process with EDI/HQ because a clean database means faster processing and a more responsive system.
- Got a Disaster plan? Absolutely critical! It may take a day’s worth of time to put one together and deploy, but it could save you weeks of downtime. Remember that we aren’t just a B2B EDI software provider; we actually have consultants on staff that can help optimize your B2B exchange for efficiency and accuracy.
Request a Demo of HQ Today!
One of our EDI solutions experts will show you how HQ can help you.Request Demo