The EDI 944
Warehouse Stock Transfer Receipt Advice transaction set is an acknowledgement to a manufacturer that its transfer shipment has been received.
This transaction is typically used by third-party logistics providers or warehouses – communications regarding shipments from a manufacturer to its own warehouses can typically be handed within the company’s own business or warehouse management system.
In general, third-party warehouses store products for manufacturers who then instruct the warehouse to ship to other locations. This process, utilizing EDI, generally follows this sequence:
- Prior to shipping product to the warehouse, the manufacturer sends a shipment notification to indicate to the warehouse that an order is on its way. This is done using the 943 Warehouse Stock Transfer Shipment Advice transaction.
- When the shipment arrives, the warehouse confirms this by transmitting an EDI 944 receipt transaction.
- The manufacturer periodically submits an EDI 940 Warehouse Shipping Order to the warehouse. This transaction directs the warehouse to ship product from its stock, usually to customer locations such as retailers or other manufacturers.
- The warehouse confirms shipment of the order using a 945 Warehouse Shipping Advice transaction.
- With the information from the 945 document, the manufacturer can prepare and submit an Advance Ship Notice (EDI 856) to the customer, along with an invoice (810 transaction).
Like the 943, the 944 transaction set generally includes detailed information regarding the product received at the warehouse. This may include manufacturer information, shipment identification, shipment date, carrier information, item identification, quantity and units.
Streamline your EDI communications with warehouses, customers and other trading partners using EDI/HQ™ advanced EDI software
from 1EDISource. You get the tools to manage every aspect of your supply chain, with full system integration inside your organization. Contact 1 EDI Source
to schedule a demo.
This X12 Transaction Set contains the format and establishes the data contents of the Warehouse Stock Transfer Receipt Advice Transaction Set (944) for use within the context of an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) environment. The transaction set can be used by a receiving location to advise a depositor or an agent of the depositor that a transfer shipment has been received. This transaction set provides the depositor or the depositor's agent with detail information concerning product that has been received.