Offering introduction through advanced level classes, 1 EDI Source the most comprehensive training curriculum available.
Our expert EDI instructors have years of experience and have been exposed to many different EDI software applications on the market today! You will learn EDI and EDI mapping with our hands-on method to EDI training and have an opportunity to apply learned practices and methods using our premier EDI software product, EDI/HQ™.
View the entire schedule or call 1.877.334.9650 to learn more about 1 EDI University.
Introduction to EDI and EDI Data Mapping Class Curriculum:
- Why do EDI?
- EDI origin and history
- Difference between X12, EDIFACT and XML
- EDI business and technical procedures
- Basic components and technology needed to perform EDI
- Communications software, VAN's and interconnects
- Understanding standards manuals
- Understanding EDI trading partner implementation guides
- How EDI transactions are transmitted, received, translated/processed and tracked between trading partners
- How to set up a trading partner
- What is EDI data mapping? Why do it?
- Application data vs. EDI data
- Common application data types
- Understanding data processing flows
- Business logic in maps
- Simple data conversions
- Common mapping hurdles
- Extracting and re-processing data
- Reporting tools (ex. FA report)
- Logs and error reports