Thursday, May 09, 2013
The idea that a shortcut saves time is not always accurate. Creating a map from scratch can be time-consuming, but does copying a map really save time? Always use caution and follow the tips below:
• Always rename a map before saving changes to prevent over writing a production map.
• Use the Map preview report to look for all variables and nested maps that may not be obvious.
• Review all Text fields and Qualifiers – these are often custom fields.
• Check for SQL statements
• Check for Write statements
• Always read map comments.
Sometime shortcuts cost more in the long run if insufficient time is spent reviewing the entire map.
For more information and tips on mapping, please contact your consultant. They'll be happy to assist you in getting the most out of EDI/HQ.