Thursday, July 07, 2011
As part of an initiative aimed at providing a better customer experience, Nordstrom is improving the shipping speed of Drop Ship orders to our customers. To do so, we are offering expedited shipping and shortening the standard delivery timeframe for Drop Ship orders.
Offer Expedited Shipping for Drop Ship orders:
· Beginning September 24th, 2011
· Nordstrom will send the supplier a “Not After Date” of Tuesday on the order. If the order is NOT fulfilled and sent out by Tuesday, the supplier must reject the order.
· EDI Testing will begin next month (July) to test the new ship methods and the “Not After Date”. Nordstrom EDI Team will contact for testing timeframe.
· Customer places drop ship order for expedited 2nd day delivery on Nordstrom.com before 3 PM ET on Monday.
· Supplier processes the order the next business day Tuesday and ships to the customer using Next Day Air shipping.
· Customer receives the order on Wednesday.
Shorten the standard delivery time for Drop Ship Orders:
· Beginning Pre-Holiday 2011, exact date TBD
· In the area of shipping speed, we are targeting delivery timeframe of 3 days (order to customer’s door).
· All orders placed before 3 PM ET on Friday must be shipped the next business day Monday using Two Business Day shipping. Saturday and Sunday orders must ship by Tuesday.
· All Drop Ship orders will have the “Not After Date” added to the PO.
· Customer places drop ship order for standard delivery on Nordstrom.com before 3 PM ET on Tuesday.
· Supplier processes the order the next business day Wednesday and ships to the customer using Two Business Day shipping.
· Customer receives the order on Friday.
For questions, contact Nordstrom via email at Karen Ehdaie
Drop Ship Supplier Expeditied Shipping Testing.doc