Wednesday, December 21, 2011
EDI projects are not for the faint of heart. There are too many bumps in the road. There are hundreds of undiscovered processes, between the initial concept and actual implementation.
Here are a few things that 1 EDI Source can help you with from the very beginning of the project:
1) Identify the Project Driver - usually an outside party (especially, if you are a supplier).
2) Identify the Project Sponsor - individual within the company, whose department budget would benefit the most from EDI integration.
3) Identify the Project Coordinator - the liaison, person that knows the most about the current business process, and has a working relationship with the trading partner, and the person or department processing the EDI transactions.
4) Identify Data Stop-Offs - where a person or process increases the value of the data, before it arrives at the business application (ERP).
5) Remind all parties involved that an integrated EDI solution, places all of the business and personal relationships in the development stage, and removes them from the business transactions. The success of an integrated EDI solution relies solely on the data content of the transactions being traded.
These are just a few of the items 1 EDI Source can help you identify on the road to a successful EDI implementation.